This position has been made available through funding from the Department of Sports and Recreation (DSR) along with the shires of Morawa, Three Springs and Perenjori.
Your Club Development Officer, is here to provide support to local sport and recreation clubs in their short and long-term development. This position is part time and provides clubs with;
- Club development information
- Relevant club development training, education, information workshops/programs and opportunities
- Assist clubs to improve their governance and management practices through development of club plans, policies and procedures.
- Work to support clubs to complete the Australian Sports Commission’s (ASC) Healthy Club Check, Club Plans and offer training, including the DSR Club Talk workshop program. These programs are designed to improve the development of the clubs and increase a clubs chance of receiving funding in the future.
- Help to identify club needs and provide continued support.
The New Committee Members Kit has been compiled for clubs in the Central North Midlands, to assist them with requirements from a council perspective. Please click here download the document.
Local sports clubs, contacts & training times
Shire of Morawa
A quarterly sports newsletter, ‘Club Connection’ is released monthly across the shires, providing useful resources, advice and opportunities for sporting groups.
If you have any achievements, events or stories you would like to promote or people you would like to recognise please email Julie at email@example.com
Follow the link for the latest version of the Club Connection Newsletter.
New KidSport Voucher for 2017
There is an online version of the Voucher you can access here KidSport Voucher Online
Alternatively, there is a hard copy version you can print here
View the Clubs Online Website for Sporting clubs information, including:
- “Find a Club” database,
- “Grants and Funding” opportunities,
- Access to “Free club websites”
- Other resources, blogs and training opportunities.
- Regional Sports Funding Through DSR
The Mid West Club Management Guide
Thank you to the hard work of the City of Geraldton’s Club Development Scheme, for putting in many years of research, consultation and development, they have now launched the Clubs Pack: Mid West Club Management Guide.
Developed in conjunction with the Department of Sport and Recreation, The Mid West Club Management Guide, is a ‘one stop shop’ to assist Mid West clubs tackle common club development issues. Whether the club is just starting up or has new committee members looking to understand their roles better.
This fantastic resource is aimed to help club committees with everything from constitutions and committee job descriptions, through to sponsorship and strategic planning. The pack provides a snapshot of a variety of club development topics with links to a number of resources and other organisations that provide much greater detail on your chosen topic. Thanks again to the City of Greater Geraldton for looking out for the MidWest and putting together such a fantastic resource.
Mid West Coaches Network
A FREE network for coaches of all sports to join; where they can share experiences and resources. Have the opportunity to participate in network meetings with specialist speakers to facilitate topical discussions. Find out what other clubs are doing in the area, and how each are tackling the issues that we all have. Coaches of all standards who are interested to join the Network and to attend future networking events should call Simon Barras at DSR on 9956 2175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
North Midlands Club Data
If you are a club, I would love to hear from you. Please complete the latest 2017 North Midlands Club Data Survey
Club Development Officer,
9973 0107 (mobile) 0407037153